Monday, June 9, 2008

Urban Review of Sex in the City & BMM Music Review 1

Sex in the City Urban Movie Review

Well I give the movie 4 and ½ stars out of 5 stars. The movie is pretty good. I mean the best part was especially the second half of the movie surprisingly that’s when Jennifer Hudson’s character Louise enters as Carrie’s assistant. I don’t want to give too much away but it’s like a white Girlfriends. It’s strictly woman’s movie. So if you are a woman or you are a man and want to get in good with your lady then take her to see Sex in the City. When Louise enters as Carrie’s assistant the movie is at the climatic point. One thing that you do learn is that people move to New York for two L words Love and Labels….after watching this movie and see how the movie ends being a single female gives me hope and makes me want to move to New York in search for the two Ls (Love and Labels) but I forgot it’s a just a movie…




Usher Here I Stand


Usher is really grown and sexy with this one. I mean if you are under 21 okay I’ll say under 18 you wouldn’t understand the lyrics and position where Usher is at now. His vocals are sick on the album. The Dream contributed to the album of course with the latest single “moving mountains” and “trading places”. While he has Beyonce and Jay Z on the album, surprisingly he has the song about marriage with Jay Z and the remix to love in the club with Beyonce. The line “I got a man and you got a lady” don’t know what that means but hey it’s a hot record. Even the track his lil bro contributed to the album, lifetime. J Lack got some skills unlike we didn’t know that with his hit “Get it Shawty”. But overall I give it 5 out of 5 stars.



Ashanti The Declaration


Now with the hit record “The Way That I love you” with the hit video with sexy Christian Keyes in it. I really was expecting a lot from Ashanti. But the album does have a couple of tracks on their like the track with Nelly and Akon “Body on Me” and tracks like “Struggle” and “Girlfriend” are traditional Ashanti trying to step up her game. But the best you will get is The Way That I love you. It is worth to get the album though if you are an Ashanti fan but if not just download the single and call it a day. Ashanti you stepped it up but next time bring a couple more “The Way That I love You’s” and you are almost there. Oh I almost forgot about the Babyface track “Mother” nice record. That’s all about the declaration; I give the record 4 stars because Ashanti definitely stepped up the vocals for real. Support the album support black music month.

No comments: